Friday 8 April 2011

How to kill your budget!

Hey did you notice the cool hairstyles on those mannequins in my blog yesterday?  To die for!--I thought. --and so, I had hairstyles on the brain for a good portion of the day. ---shallow, huh?   Well anyway, I was on this feel-good exercise of window shopping, when all of a sudden, inside a store, I spotted this sales lady  sporting the best looking hairstyle ever!  So, timidly, I sidled up to her and made my confession;  "Lady, I am not in this store to buy clothes, --I want your hairstyle!"---or something to that effect. (I do this often, accost perfect strangers on the street, and beg them to let me capture their neat "DO" with my IPhone. Then, I present it to the hairdresser (the photo , that is,)------and walk out 3 hours later, with hair that looks nothing like my sample photo.  Ever happen to you?
Well, anyway, the saleslady must have been flattered to be asked, because she was most kind, and consented to my taking her image; so, I reached for my IPhone  and guess what.........it was not there!  Oh no!  I left it at home!    When would she be in again?--I asked. (what a nerve,---right?)  Wednesday,---she said. so, back i came on wednesday---only.........SHE WASN'T THERE!    Well, she was there, but on her break or something.   So, what's a girl to do?      I went shopping ,---to kill time  (and my budget!)
Whoever coined the phrase "Shop until you Drop"  must have been thinking of ME!     I had a ball!  an absolute orgy!
But now, the guilt has set in!  Withdrawal is hard!--as any addict will tell you . great highs, followed by excruciating lows. ---and I still have to go back for that photo. (Have to? What do you mean HAVE TO?---Well, I will be on this T.V. show in a week, you see,---and I SO want an edgy hairdo!)   But on this return trip to the mall, how will I avert my eyes  from all the surrounding temptations? It's a test I MUST NOT fail this time!
Saleslady, ----this is all YOUR fault!   if only you stayed put that day!-----just kidding....!
Anyway, I ended up with some timeless pieces of sartorial splendour----------by looking for hairstyles!
Go figure!

More about my terrific "finds" later, but now, here are a couple of the mannequin manes that started it all!;


No comments:

Post a Comment