Sunday 10 April 2011

The future of fashion (?)

I wish I had taken a photo. It didn't occur to me yesterday.
At the Total Health Show  (see yesterday's blog)------I saw a girl , dressed for all the world, like a Ku Klux Klan member!   After I did a double take, someone explained that she was wearing special clothes intended to repel the harmful electro magnetic radiation we are bombarded with in our modern environment.  On closer examination, I could see silver threads woven into the cotton-like white fabric.  This  shapeless tunic with long sleeves and a pointy hood, was most unbecoming---but practical, I guess.    Since I wouldn't be caught dead in it, I never bothered to find out about price.
On the plus side though, being a one-size-fits-all tent,    it would hide a multitude of sins . And, this would be a great equalizer; like the drab (navy) uniforms worn by all (til recently) , --in China for instance.
No more envying the rich in their Guccis or Ferragamos or Jean Paul Gaultiers. School kids could actually concentrate on their studies  instead of coercing their mother to break the bank  so as to buy them what  Justin Bieber or Hanna Montana wear---this week!
Look out  house of Chanel,  Dior   etc, ---we might be onto something here after all!

..and who will need Fashion Week?



This is what said garment looked like......I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment