Friday 13 May 2011

Photography and Video Show

May is Photography Month. So many exhibitions, throughout the city!
Today, I went to the Photographic, Video &  Digital Imaging Show, at the International Centre. It is a 3 day event for the amateur as well as the professional photographer, videographer. Of course there are plenty to see,  and to learn too, since there are lectures throughout the day on various topics related to photography. I sat in on 5 or 6.
I felt like a kid in a candy store among all those goodies (new cameras, lenses, lighting equipment etc.) and my willpower was sorely tested!  Luckily, the lectures followed one another closely, so I left myself little time  to be tempted. (Might go back Sunday though!}
I also saw some wonderful images by the winners of the 14th annual Ontario Secondary School Photo Contest.
Here are some of my favourites;


Photographer; Holly Mc.Murther , Centennial Secondary School


Photographer; Leah  Currie,  Rosedale Heights


Pghotographer; Holly Fretwell, Nelson High School





The two just above, impressed me because of the simplicity of the subject matter. Here, ordinary everyday objects are elevated to works of art. --Just proves,---you can find suitable subjects to photograph right in your own back yard!





No comments:

Post a Comment