Sunday 15 May 2011

Back at the photography show.


Well, I did go back to the photo/video show. (see previous blog) Just couldn't stay away, -though I was fighting a virus and had no voice. Luckily, I did not need to talk, just listen, at the various lectures I attended. Photography is ever changing , and I find it very important to keep up with the latest techniques, innovations , latest gear  and software that is coming out. To stay on top of things, requires a constant commitment. It is a challenge---but it is good. I am never bored!

                                                    A lighting demonstration at the show.

 A photography exhibit caught my eye, featuring the work of an international  street photographer; Carlos Scott Wilson. Educated in photography at the New York School of Visual Arts and the Costa Rican School of Photography, his international experience led his photos to be published in various books as well as the National Geographic. The following photographs though, were captured on the streets of Toronto--and with a small, compact camera.
I love to see the work of other photographers and during the month of May, opportunities abound. (As mentioned prior, May is Photography Month. )












No comments:

Post a Comment